1. YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). (See Appendix 1 for Type of Data we collect)
2. WHO ARE WE?
Kent Tigers Basketball Club is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Kent Tigers Basketball Club complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage and administer membership records;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by Kent Tigers Basketball Club;
- To share your contact details with the Basketball England so they can keep you informed about news in the wider basketball community and events, activities and services that will be occurring in the England and in which you may be interested;
- To provide specific contractual information to our partners; Basketball England, Timeline Athlete and Kent County Community Trust, as required to conduct our business regarding our Community Coaching Programme.
4. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can, manage and administer membership records, provide contractual information as requested and keep you informed about news, events, activities, and services Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and participants in our Community Coaching Programme;
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
PG. 1 ISSUE 1 – ADOPTED SEPTEMBER 2021 – FOR REVIEW AUGUST 2022
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Kent Tigers Basketball Club for purposes connected with Kent Tigers Basketball Club and as required for contractual purposes by Basketball England, Timeline Athlete and Kent County Community Trust.
We will only share your data with third parties outside of Kent Tigers Basketball Club with your consent.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide from Basketball England or for the duration of our community coaching contract, whichever is appropriate.
Specifically, we retain data while it is still current.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Kent Tigers Basketball Club holds about you;
- The right to request that Kent Tigers Basketball Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Kent Tigers Basketball Club to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw or restrict your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. FURTHER PROCESSING
If we wish to use your personal data for a nwe purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
PG. 2 ISSUE 1 – ADOPTED JULY 2018 – FOR REVIEW JULY 2019
9. CONTACT DETAILS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Kent Tigers Basketball Club Secretary, details on Kent Tigers Basketball Club website.
Type of Data we collect
We collect and process personal data from you, your parent or school, as required for a specific purpose.
This may include:
- Your name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Your ethnicity;
- Your home address;
- Your school/academy (under 16 only);
- Contact telephone number (over 16 years only);
- Email address (over 16 years only);
- Passport/birth certificate (for BE licensing purposes only);
- Your Basketball England Licence number;
- Your type of membership and involvement within Kent Tigers Basketball Club;
- Your payment and/or bank account details, where appropriate;
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- Your medical conditions or disabilities, where provided to us with your consent or parent’s consent to ensure we are aware of any support we may need to provide to you;
- Your performance details and any disciplinary issues or incidents you may have been involved in on or off the court.